Workmate app is essential for your day to day work, it helps you track your attendance accurately. It tracks your clock in and out time, also record the duration of your break. All these information will be recorded in your timesheet and they are visible to your supervisors and managers.
Before your shift starts, it is mandatory to clock in using Workmate app. Open your app and follow these steps:
1. This is the homepage of your workmate app, check the upper part of the screen to find the clock in button. Tap clock in to start.
2. This is the clock in screen, check at the bottom part of the screen and tap self clock in
3. For the next step, allow your phone to track your current GPS location. We need you to clock in around the area of the workplace, otherwise your timesheet will be disputed. Tap continue when you are in the right location.
4. The final step is you need to upload your selfie so you need to allow Workmate app to access your camera. Align your face in the oval and take a selfie, when you're done tap continue.
You can also continue without selfie, however your supervisors and managers can see this from your timesheet. We advise you to always take selfies to avoid dispute.
5. You will see this confirmation banner if your clock in is successful. Tap done to finish and you have successfully clocked in.
During the break, you need to use Workmate app to track and report it. The duration of your break will be recorded and visible in your timesheet. Therefore, we advise you to follow the guidelines of your workplace regarding the duration of the break.
Tap start break to start.
A timer will run and track the duration of your break.
When you're finished tap End break and a notification will appear at the bottom of the screen.
When you have finished your shift, don't forget to clock out. The steps are similar with clocking in:
1. Tap clock out to end your shift. Always remember to do this after work so your timesheet can be recorded properly.
2. Similar to clocking in, you need to tap self clock out, submit your GPS location, and take a selfie.